Troubleshooting Steps to Fix an Offline Printer?
A printer offline status on Windows suggests that the system failed to reach with the attached printer. That can happen due to errors in the link, poor configurations, impaired drivers, or if there are plenty of print assignments pending in the print chain. Although, you will not be ready to take printouts except you turn the printer online. Many individuals complain that their printer retains going offline on Windows, and that can be due to various reasons; so you have to begin troubleshooting the error from scratch. You can fix your offline printer by using one of a few different fixes.
Printer Offline: Fix With Reset
By far the simplest way to resolve an offline printer is to turn it off. A reset can repair multiple problems with a printer that may cause it to abruptly show up as offline. Hold the power switch on your printer until the device shuts off, or remove the power wire from the back of the device. Plug the cord back in and press the Power button to turn it back on. Wait a few moments to allow the printer to fully reboot and then try to print your document again. If it works, then your offline printer problem is settled.
Install Advanced Printer Drivers
In case the printer driver is antiquated or is inappropriate with your Windows version, you may have to download and re-install the newest update of the driver from the printer manufacturer site. So review that before you continue to the next troubleshooting action.
Resolving the Printer Offline Error
Troubleshoot can operate if a switch in printer spooler settings has caused the printer offline error. If this does not help, contact the Printer technical support team to troubleshoot the printer keeps going offline error on Windows.
- Press Windows and R keys concurrently to launch Run In that dialogue box, type services, and press Enter.
- In the current window displaying the list of Windows Services, scroll down to and see Print Spooler. Double-click on that to handle print jobs.
- In the Print Spooler Properties, configure the Startup type of the service to Automatic. If spooler startup is set as manually, then agree on the drop-down menu to switch it.
- Now, click on the Start key and wait until Windows starts the spooler service. Once it finishes, click the Apply switch and confirm the settings.
If altering the status of print spooler or rectifying its setting to how it should be configured fails to fix printer offline error, move on to the next troubleshooting step.
- Click Windows passkey, and pick devices and printers from the Menu.
- Enter on the printer and choose to see what’s printing from the pop-up list.
- Click on the printer tab and deselect Printer Offline option from that.
If the printer keeps going offline despite trying all these resolutions, get in touch with our Printer technical support team to troubleshoot the problem. We hope this will aid you to fix your printer is offline issues. If you still, facing an issue you can call on our toll-free number +1-877-794-2715. Our experts will resolve your concern and provide you best guidance for your glitches within the short span of time.